Sweet Potato Roasted Rounds 👻👻👻Great Halloween Party Snack!
These sweet potato roasted rounds are a great Halloween Party snack. Easy to prepare – you only need three ingredients to make them! And rich in beta carotene, which is essential to convert into vitamin A to maintain healthy eye-sight and support our immune system. No wonder why NASA have selected sweet potatoes as one of the crops in their programme for crews that travel to Mars!
Sweet potato roasted rounds – why do I bother?
- Sweet potatoes contain more beta-carotene than carrots. This, in turn, also called provitamin A, affects eyesight, skin and strengthens immunity.
- Sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index. This means that they give a sense of satiety for a long time, which can be important in the context of children’s training, long parties or any kind of party etc.
- Sweet potatoes contain a lot of natural fiber. This in turn will help remove toxins from the child’s body.
- several medium sized sweet potatoes
- half a cup of grated cheese
- rapeseed oil
- salt, pepper, rosemary (or other spices that your child likes)
How to make sweet potato roasted rounds:
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into slices, each 5 mm thick. Smear a small amount of butter and put it on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle pieces prepared on a baking tray with fresh rosemary. Add salt and pepper. Put into the oven preheated to 190 degrees Centigrade.
- After about 20 minutes, greet each sweet potato with a large amount of cheese. Put it into the oven again and bake for another 5 minutes.
- When ready, take the sweet potato rounds out of the oven. To finish, sprinkle them with some more rosemary or black cumin or black sesame seeds.
Baked sweet potatoes for children – a simple dish
These sweet potato rounds are fun and easy to prepare. Deliciously seasoned, and the combination with cheese is very successful. That’s why, when ready, I just put them inside the pink lunch boxes and take them to the Halloween Party!